Thursday, January 19, 2012

Treasured Moment layout and a card

I made this layout for the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch challenge.  I used my favorite picture of my kids.  We were on a "photo shoot" when the kids found this tree that they thought was so cool.  They started goofing around and I continued to shoot.  After coming home, I found this little gem.  It captured each child's personality so completely all at the exact moment!  When I saw the sketch, I knew this was the photo I wanted to highlight.

STUDIO CALICO SUNDAY SKETCH: 
 Madagascar-sketch

My layout based on the sketch:  


My card is for the Blockhead's Out of the Box Diecut challenge.  This was a new technique for me which means I had to try it right away.  lol  It was a lot easier than I anticipated and I will use it in the future. 




 Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

I know! You would think this would be a difficult tech. But, I thought it was fairly easy and the results are great. Love the stamp you selected for your entry. That long, long neck. Very cute!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Blockheads Technique Challenge!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hooray for giving the technique a try! And you're right, it really isn't as hard as it looks at all. Love how you let that long giraffe neck trail over the die cut. THanks for playing with the Blockheads!